Welcome home! It's a different home than when you left and you're a different person. Here's some advice for making the adjustments to civilian life:
- Take it easy and learn about yourself.
- Do not hide, but rather start talking and sharing your story.
- Really explore and identify your triggers, know what sets you off and how to settle and move away from whatever is activating you.
- Be patient, have reinforcements that you can rely upon when you need support.
- Surround yourself with a strong support system that “gets you”
- Do not give up on yourself or life.
- Look for appropriate help that fits your needs.
- Be a wise consumer and find a good fit for a therapist, a peer support specialist, Chaplain, or whatever works for you.
We all want you suceed.